Project Produce

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mystery Squash

The first veggie I used was one of the mystery squash. I made Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Scrambled Tofu from her book "Vegan with a Vengeance". I didn't have any mushrooms so I cubed up one of the squash instead. I also added some Soyrizo and made a yummy breakfast burrito with some refried beans, soy cheese (follow your heart mozzarella is the only one I can stand), salsa, and avocado. My kids didn't feel like a burrito though so they just had toast with their scrambled tofu. Honestly, I couldn't really taste the squash since it was mixed in with so many other ingredients but my kids couldn't either so I guess this was a good way to get some squash down their throats!


Anonymous Denise said...

This is pretty cool! Are you only posting about your weekly Friday surprises and what you do with them? You are too funny but I love ya!

August 21, 2006 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home