Project Produce

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mystery Squash




The first veggie I used was one of the mystery squash. I made Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Scrambled Tofu from her book "Vegan with a Vengeance". I didn't have any mushrooms so I cubed up one of the squash instead. I also added some Soyrizo and made a yummy breakfast burrito with some refried beans, soy cheese (follow your heart mozzarella is the only one I can stand), salsa, and avocado. My kids didn't feel like a burrito though so they just had toast with their scrambled tofu. Honestly, I couldn't really taste the squash since it was mixed in with so many other ingredients but my kids couldn't either so I guess this was a good way to get some squash down their throats!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool! Are you only posting about your weekly Friday surprises and what you do with them? You are too funny but I love ya!

August 21, 2006 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home