Project Produce

Monday, September 04, 2006

Zeal for Zucchini




Here are a couple of things I have made with all my zucchini. Although it's been delicious, I am glad to be rid of the stuff! It is hard work trying to find different things to do with one item. First we have a zucchini bread from "How it all Vegan". The recipe called for raisins but I didn't have any so I substituted dried cranberries. It also called for "nuts" so I went with almonds (my favorite!). MMMMMM- such a yummy combo and appealing to the eye as well. I will have to remember this for Christmas time. Next up was Zucchini Chedda Soup with rice from "The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook". So far, every recipe I have tried from this book has been phenomenal with this soup rating numero uno! I honestly think one could fool dairy eaters with this one. My husband kinda freaked out when he tried it because he thought I had used real cheese! I also used the other summer squash from the box in this soup. Super creamy, rich and cheesy with only 130 calories in a cup. I bet that a dairy version of this soup would have at least triple the calories and fat, not to mention all that cholesterol. This recipe made a ton of soup and I stuck the leftovers in some tupperware to share with friends and the freezer. I can't wait to try this with broccoli. YUM!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the new blogs? I'm getting bored at work. I need something to look at and read =`(

September 12, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Nikk said...

What a rockin' blog! :)

October 10, 2006 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home