Project Produce

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fall Baking!







We picked some more apples in Julian this past weekend so I used up 2 pounds of granny smith in this Gingerbread Apple Pie from Vegan with a Vengeance. Wow- it is super yummy but really needs to be made with super tart apples because the gingerbread crust and crumble topping are really sweet. I will definitely make this again! Also pictured are some chocolate cupcakes with vegan buttercream frosting tinted orange. They were for my daughter's Halloween party at school but she was the only one who ate one! What the heck?? Some other lady brought some crappy store bought cupcakes with a little toy ring on the top so those got picked first. Whatever- no animals were harmed in the making of my cupcakes! Do you like my new platter? Well too bad- you can't have it!!! My friend owns a Color Me Mine and she made it for me. It has blood dripping down the pedestal and the plate and 5 dangling skulls. I am in love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. Im sorry none of the kids ate your cupcakes.

November 02, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your platter rocks!!! I sure wish I had a friend like that to make me cool stuff just because I ROCK
!!! Oh, I do, YOU!!!!

November 14, 2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home